- First, you must configure the “Settings” tab, leaving the options as shown in the image above.
Next, you’ll have to go to the Products tab. If you want to configure only the payment through PayPal, click “Activate” in the section on the left. If you wish to also activate payment by credit card by PayPal, click on Activate in the section on the right.
- When clicking “Activate”, a PayPal window will open, in which we must enter your email and country.
- Next, you will be asked to log in or create an account (if you have not done so in the first step).
- You must give your authorization for Prestashop to use your API credentials and create the integration with PayPal.
A confirmation message will appear. Go back to Prestashop.
When you return to Prestashop, you’ll see the PayPal module. If you have activated one of the two options, instead of “Activate” you will see “Modify” in it.
- Once you have set up PayPal, it will appear as a payment method in your store. It will be as follows:
In the case of this image, we have configured both PayPal and credit card by PayPal. That’s why we see the two options as payment methods. In the case of just choosing PayPal, we would only see that option.
Depending on the version of Paypal that you have installed, the option “Shortcut Enabled” may appear in Settings. If that is the case, it should be left deactivated, as shown in the image below.