Share This Article
In this post, we show you how to synchronise your Shopify store through the Multi-Channel Integration Platform (MIP). To do this, you should have created an account on Shopify. If you don’t have one, create one using this link. It is important that you do so using the link above so that we can track your shop, should you have any problems.
Once you have your online store, you can synchronise it with the Multi-Channel Integration Platform.
Go to the “Ecommerce Software” section on the MIP menu.
- Once inside, a list will appear of the sales channels that have been previously configured in your account. In the Shopify section, you need to click on the add new channel button (represented by the “+” symbol).
- In the Shopify configuration window, the following information will appear which you need to complete:Firstly, complete the data in the first box:
- Name. Enter the name of the shop to identify it on the MIP.
- Shop language. Select the language you want to use to synchronise your catalogue and categories (only allows one language).
- Shop URL. You will need to enter the URL address of the Shopify store (name_shop.myshopify.com).
Next, use one of the two methods to log into your Shopify online store through the Multi-Channel Integration Platform to continue with the synchronisation.
- Through the Shopify official APP
- Through private APP
Synchronise your store through the official Shopify App
- Download the official Shopify App from BigBuy and install it.
You can download the official APP from the Multi-channel Integration Platform or using the following link.
- Activate the option on the Multi-channel Integration Platform
Once you have activated the option, click on login and log into your Shopify account.
Now you can click on continue to finish configuring your Shopify online store.
Synchronise your store through the custom APP (previously private app)
Before starting, you need to activate the custom app development option. To do this, take the following steps:
- Go to the Apps section and click on “Develop apps”.
- Click on Allow custom app development
- Read the warnings and the information provided and then click on Allow custom app development.
Create and install a custom app
Once the development of a custom app option has been activated, you need to create and install a new custom app in the control panel:
- Create an app
- Access Apps from the Shopify control panel.
Select ‘scopes’ on the API
After creating a custom app, you need to assign the app scopes, that is, the permissions required for it to function correctly.
- Click on “configure Admin API scopes”
- Add the scopes required for the MIP app
Next, we will show you the permissions that you should activate for the synchronisation to work correctly with the Multi-Channel Integration Platform.[rl_gallery id=”45991″]
Install the application
Now that the app has been created and has been assigned the necessary permissions, it is time to install it to obtain the accesses required for the store:
- Click on Install app
Once the custom app has been installed, you can access the access data required for synchronising the store with the Multi-Channel Integration Platform: API key and password.
Once you perform these actions in the Shopify store, you will have the necessary information. Go to the Multi-Channel Integration Platform, activate the Via private APP option and complete the API Key and Password fields.
You can now click on “Continue” and, if everything is correct, the process for publishing the shop will continue.
How do I complete the configuration of the Multi-channel Integration Platform?
- The next step is selecting the catalogue.
How to manage the inclusion and exclusion of products through the Multi-Channel-Integration Platform.
If you want to change the category tree, you need to select the second option so that your changes are not updated by the Multi-Channel Integration Platform. Remember that if BigBuy restructures the category tree and you have this option active, it will not be updated. This option will respect the category changes that you make in your ecommerce, as well as the deactivated categories, and the category images will not be overwritten.
Additionally, you can move the products to your chosen categories using their own tags and, in this way, also classify and organise the search results that are shown to your customers. In order for the BigBuy system to respect these tags, you need to create the tags for the specific product details in a specific way within the “Tags” section in your Shopify. The following article explains how to create tags in Shopify.
- Once this step is completed, it’s time to configure the shipping areas.
Configuration of delivery costs in Shopify.
- Finally, you need to define the pricing strategy of your Shopify store.
How the pricing rules work
With all of these synchronisation options configured, the last step is to click on “Publish”, which will send the selected catalogue to the Shopify shop.